Tips and tricks for Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Jun 08,2023 | Ray
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a vast and immersive game that takes players on an unforgettable adventure through the kingdom of Hyrule. To help you make the most of your journey, here are some valuable tips and tricks:
- Explore the Skyview Towers: Make it a priority to visit every Skyview Tower you come across. These towers not only expand your map but also provide a quick route to the sky and its hidden islands. This is particularly useful for accessing new regions or exploring the sky during your travels.
- Uncover Hidden Depths: Hyrule has more to offer than just its surface. Take the time to explore wells, caves, and chasms scattered throughout the land. These hidden areas often contain valuable items and may even lead you to discover shrines. Just be cautious in chasms, as the way health works there is different from the surface world.
- Seek Shelter in Caves and Wells: When you find yourself in extreme temperatures, caves and wells can provide a reprieve from the elements. Use these sheltered areas to escape scorching heat or biting cold. If you have a Portable Stove, take advantage of the opportunity to cook meals and boost your resistance.
- Harness the Power of Fuse: Experiment with the Fuse mechanic, which allows you to enhance your arrows, weapons, and shields. By fusing different items, such as gems or wagon wheels, you can increase durability and even gain special abilities. For example, fusing a rocket to a shield can turn it into a makeshift jetpack.
- Utilize Construction Materials: Keep an eye out for piles of construction materials left by the Hudson Construction throughout Hyrule. Although intended for building houses, these materials can also be repurposed to create vehicles that help you navigate the landscape more efficiently. Make note of their locations on your map for easy access.
- Take Notes on Your Map: Hyrule is a vast country teeming with secrets. To ensure you don't miss anything, make a habit of noting down points of interest on your map. Whether it's an unreachable chest or a formidable mini-boss, keeping track of your discoveries will help you make the most of your adventure.
- Upgrade Your Energy Cell: Enhance the capacity of your Energy Cell by creating Energy Wells at Crystal Refineries. By collecting crystallized charges, you can increase the power of Zonai Devices and extend their usage. Crystal Refineries can be found both on the ground and in the sky, so keep an eye out for them.
- Empower Your Vehicles with Zonai Batteries: Attach Zonai Batteries to your vehicles to boost their power. These batteries provide additional energy, allowing you to reach new heights and explore previously inaccessible areas. If you lack the materials for upgrading your Energy Cell, Zonai Batteries can serve as a temporary power boost.
- Embrace the Art of Cooking: Cooking isn't just about restoring health; it can also provide valuable bonuses such as increased stamina or resistance to specific elements. Take advantage of ingredients you've previously used by selecting the "Select for recipe" option. This allows you to review past meals and their effects, helping you plan your culinary adventures more effectively.
- Visit Shrines for Fast Travel: Even if you don't want to solve shrine puzzles immediately, enter each shrine you find to activate the fast travel point on your map. This grants you the ability to return to the shrine whenever you're ready to tackle its challenges or use it as a convenient travel point throughout Hyrule.
- Expand Your Equipment Storage: Seek out Korok Seeds to increase your weapon, bow, and shield storage. Regularly visit Hestu and exchange your gathered seeds to expand your inventory. Having ample storage space not only allows you to collect more items but also facilitates experimentation with Fuse mechanics.
- Utilize Ascend for Stealth Attacks: Link's Ascend ability isn't only useful for climbing; it can also be used to execute stealth attacks. Sneak up on enemies positioned on bridges or walkways by using Ascend to pop up behind them and quickly dispatch them. In dire situations, you can quickly descend back to the ground to escape enemy hordes.
- Destroy Evermean Trees with Axes and Fire: Evermean Trees are formidable foes that cannot be easily defeated with swords. Channel your inner lumberjack by using axes and fire to take them down effectively.
- Smash Enemy Armor with a Hammer: When facing enemies wearing armor, switch from your sword to a hammer to break their defenses. Once the armor is destroyed, resume using your sword for swift and precise attacks. If you don't have a hammer, consider fusing a stone to one of your weapons for a similar effect.
- Beware of the Bottomless Bog: The Bottomless Bog is a treacherous quagmire that will cause Link to sink if he ventures too deep. Once submerged, it becomes nearly impossible to escape, so exercise caution and avoid this perilous hazard.
- Look Out for Blupees: Keep an eye out for elusive Blupees, which are blue rabbits that roam Hyrule. These creatures will drop Rupees when hit by arrows or weapons. If you manage to react quickly enough, you can secure some extra rewards. Follow them if they run towards a cave, as they may lead you to something interesting.
- Befriend Dogs: When you encounter a dog during your adventure, befriend it by offering a meal, such as raw meat. Dogs that appreciate your gesture may lead you to hidden treasures or other intriguing discoveries. So don't hesitate to show kindness to these loyal companions.
- Exercise Caution in Cold Water: Swimming in cold water will rapidly decrease Link's body heat, even if you have consumed meals or wear appropriate clothing. To avoid losing hearts while swimming in colder climates, make sure to plan ahead and consider the potential effects of the cold.
- Bring Water to Volcanic Regions: Scaling Death Mountain can be a daunting task due to its intense heat. To alleviate the discomfort, carry water with you and pour it over Link. This temporary measure provides relief from the scorching environment and helps you navigate Death Mountain more comfortably.
- Dazzle Enemies for Weapon Drops: Certain weapons and fused materials have the ability to dazzle enemies upon impact. When an enemy is dazzled, they will drop their weapons, allowing you to claim them for your own use. Take advantage of this opportunity to land powerful attacks and potentially acquire new weapons for your arsenal.
Embark on your adventure in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom armed with these tips and tricks. Explore every corner of Hyrule, uncover its secrets, and make the most of the vast and enchanting world that awaits you. Best of luck on your journey!